It is a lazy Saturday morning here. There are toys everywhere, as there are most mornings. There are dishes to be done and laundry to be folded. The usual chaos :)
Saturday morning breakfast is always thought up on the fly here. The littles sleep in, no school to rush around and get ready for. In the quiet of being alone, there is time to think, to be a bit more creative than other days. I bought blueberries a few days ago with the intention of bread or muffins, so today it's now or never.
The sun is shining for the first time in a while, winter in Cleveland can get pretty gloomy. Snow is always pretty, but it sure does add to the morning rush of getting my oldest girls out the door for school. I am savoring this Saturday morning.
Healthier Blueberry Muffins:
1 3/4 c. King Arthur Whole Wheat White Flour
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
2/3 c. Real Maple Syrup
1/2 c. Milk or Water
6 Tbs. Earth Balance or butter (melted)
1 c. Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray or line cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk egg, maple syrup, milk and melted earth balance or butter.
- In a small bowl mix together with fork flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in berries.
- Spoon in muffin pan. Bake until golden brown, about 15-18 minutes.
Try them! They are delicious.
Enjoy your Saturday morning!